- “What I admire about Dr. Ben Lynch is his ability to speak his truth and to blaze trails within nutritional medicine, genes, and epigenetics.”
– Deanna Minich, PhD, author of Whole Detox
- “Dr. Ben Lynch is my go-to resource for helping people understand how to get the most from their genes.”
– Dr. Izabella Wentz, Pharmacist and NY Times Bestselling author of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- “Dr. Ben Lynch is widely considered by the medical community to be the authority on gene variations.”
– Alan Christianson, NMD, NY Times Bestselling author of The Adrenal Reset Diet and founder of Integrative Health Care
- “In a sea of health information, Dr. Ben Lynch stands as one of the few expert clinicians who marries his pioneering scientific analysis with deep compassion and a true desire to help the chronically ill find vitality. He stands as a beacon of hope for so many who have gotten lost in the halls of conventional medicine.”
– Kelly Brogan, MD, NY Times Bestselling author of ‘A Mind of Your Own’
Overlay your SNPs or that of your patient’s SNPs onto the Pathway Planner using StrateGene Strategic Genetic Analysis! After two years of digging through research, Dr. Lynch’s research team has identified key SNPs which are clinically relevant – and more importantly – which ones are not.
Is StrateGene right for you?
StrateGene isn’t for everyone. Is it right for you? In this video, Dr. Lynch clearly explains who, and who shouldn’t, use StrateGene.
With StrateGene you can quickly learn about potential issues by overlaying your SNPs or those of your patient’s onto the Pathway Planners covering the important folate, methionine, transsulfuration, biopterin, and histamine pathways.
What is StrateGene?
StrateGene is a genetic reporting tool that uses 23andMe data.
By limiting report data to well-researched SNPs, a qualified health care practitioner is able to formulate a targeted testing and treatment plan – faster.
For the last two years, Dr. Lynch and his research team have analyzed SNP after SNP.
In order for the SNP to meet inclusion criteria, it had to meet these standards:
- The SNP is found in 23andMe (current or past chips)*
- The SNP is found in a gene that belongs to a biochemical pathway that is covered by StrateGene.
- There is a critical mass of published research related to the SNP.
- The SNP has potential clinical implications as determined by published research.
What does StrateGene provide?
- SNPs identified by 23andMe.
- Well-researched SNPs.
- Factors which influence each SNP.
- Description of each SNP.
- Kinetic variation.
- Associated conditions and symptoms according to research.
How is StrateGene laid out?
Section 1 – Overview tables of known SNPs with gene, rsid, variant name, risk allele, and genotype. In addition “GSTT1 deletion”, if detected, plus the predicted NAT2 acetylator phenotype.
Section 2 – Results for each pathway with description, SNPs overlaid onto Pathway Planners, and details on SNPs found. The gene and SNP details include influencing factors on genes, SNP kinetic impact, and potential associated symptoms and conditions.
Section 3 – A discussion of “bonus SNPs”. These are SNPs for which there is not yet Pathway Planner graphics available, but which the research team wanted to include for added value.
Genes Evaluated by StrateGene
As of 10/23/2017, StrateGene analyzes these genetic polymorphisms:
CORE SNPs BONUS SNPs
Which SNPs are missing from the new 23andme v5?
If you purchased 23andMe after July 2017, you may have noticed some missing SNPs from your report. You can get all of the details on this update here.
The clinically-relevant SNPs no longer available in StrateGene:
rs6323 MAOA. rs1137070. MAOA. Same as above.
rs1799836. MAOB. rs10156191. AOC1/ABP1/DAO.
- i3002468. HFE.
Should I order 23andMe still?
If you have not yet run 23andMe, you may still benefit from it if you are ok with not having the above SNPs in your results. It is still a good value for $99.
Who may order StrateGene?
Both health professionals and general public may order StrateGene – Strategic Genetic Analysis.
If you are a patient, we recommend using the Physician Directory to receive advice with regard to how to use the information in the StrateGene report.
Key Resources to Help You Use StrateGene
- How to Use StrateGene – a key video to watch first.
- Private StrateGene Facebook Group – support yourself by interacting with other StrateGene users. Dr Lynch will be answering questions here via Facebook Live video twice a month!
- How to Treat SNPs – a key video on how to approach SNPs.
- What is Methylation? – a key pathway in the human body which does a ton of stuff.
- Practical Application of Methylation and Epigenetics – this conference presentation by Dr Lynch received rare100% approval rating. This combined with your StrateGene report will take you to the next level.
- Directory – find a health professional near you who understands how to use StrateGene. Health professionals here have received training from Dr Lynch in methylation, genetic polymorphisms and epigenetics.
If you’re a health professional, we recommend taking advantage of the SHEI professional membership for further clinical support, including:
- A professionally moderated forum where you can ask questions and get help from trained health professionals.
- Past and current webinars which feature case studies and practical clinical information.
- Free Pathway Planner download updates, after initial download purchase.
- Discounts to conferences and online courses.
- Listing in the health professional directory (after completing online courses or attending an annual conference).
- Over 14 hours of conferences presented by Dr Ben Lynch for no additional charge.
Who does the 23andMe v5 chip effect? It effects people who ran reports earlier than August 2017, then they will get a full StrateGene report
What is missing from the 23andMe v5 chip? It is not missing much. Please see Dr Lynches article reguarding the changes- https://www.drbenlynch.com/23andme-v5-chip/
How does StrateGene differ from Livewello and MTHFR Support? StrateGene provides only well-researched SNPs that have clinical relevance. Our research team hand-picks each SNP based on strict criteria.
Can the general public order StrateGene? Yes!
Can I use Ancestry.com raw data? Unfortunately no. We chose not to offer this because Ancestry.com has significantly less clinically relevant SNPs compared to 23andMe raw data.
Where do I download my raw data from 23andMe? You will need to visit this link, https://you.23andme.com/tools/data/download/ where you may be asked to log in. From there, instructions will be provided and be sure “All DNA” is selected in the “Data set” drop down. Finally click the Download Data button to initiate the download.
When and where do I send you my 23andMe data? You will be prompted to upload your 23andMe data into your StrateGene report after you have purchased it and accessed the report inside of your Dashboard.
AFTER YOU PURCHASE STEPS
Step 1. Order StrateGene
- Order StrateGene here: https://www.drbenlynch.com/product/strategene/
- If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create an account during checkout.
- After checkout, you will be automatically directed to the StrateGene upload page.
- If you are not, find it here: https://strategene.drbenlynch.com/input/shei/
- Or, find your StrateGene credit(s) inside of your dashboard under “StrateGene”
Step 2. Follow the steps inside of the StrateGene upload page
- -Type in the email address in which you purchased the report with, if that email is not already there.
- -“Create or specify an anonymous name or code to protect identity”
- This can be anything you want it to be, you choose!
- -“Upload the 23andMe file for processing”
- This is where you are going to use the 23andMe file you saved to your computer.
- -“We are processing your file”
- Wait until this is completed! After it is completed, wait for your report to be delivered to your email.
- This should take 10 minutes or less.
Step 3. Save your report to your computer
- We lose access to your reports after a short period of time.
- To verify that you will have access to your report later on, please save it to your computers hard drive immediately.
Step 4. Join the private StrateGene Facebook group
- Ask questions regarding your report to knowledgeable physicians, including Dr. Lynch.
- Get involved with Facebook Live’s with Dr. Lynch and ask questions.
Step 5. Take a look at these videos done by Dr. Lynch on StrateGene
- -How to use StrateGene: https://youtu.be/Tkemqns2GkQ
- -StrateGene and MTHFR: https://youtu.be/m6Rm-y39zPA
- -StrateGene and the Pathway Planner: https://youtu.be/DGbBXgeGxpA
Step 6. Have questions? Take a look at our FAQ
- Take a look here: https://strategene.seekinghealth.org/SHEI-assets/FAQ.html
- If you need any further assistance, we are here to help you succeed!
- Please reach out to us at email@example.com or by using our Live Chat feature on drbenlynch.com