Folic acid and Pregnancy
Folic acid during pregnancy is commonly recommended.
Dr Lynch has done the research and understands why folic acid should not be used during pregnancy.
Folic acid is recommended during pregnancy to reduce neural tube defects.
However, neural tube defects are not caused by a folic acid deficiency.
Why are we supporting pregnancy with folic acid if neural tube defects are instead caused by:
– defects in folate metabolism
– methylation deficiency
– lack of natural folate (not synthetic folic acid)
Instead, reduce the risk of neural tube defects and optimize your pregnancy by:
– supporting methylation
– supporting with the active forms of folate
– replenishing nutritional deficiencies
Connect with Dr Lynch:
– Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/drbenjaminlynch
– Twitter – https://twitter.com/DrBenLynch
Additional resources as mentioned in the presentation:
– Prenatal Supplementation: Optimizing your future child
– Folic Acid is Affecting You Negatively
Learn more about our wholesale program: